Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Radio Announcers

I was leaving school today and the tournament had started. I quickly tuned my radio in to 99.9fm THE FAN and began listening to the announcers. Louisville was playing Morehead St. and there were only 20 secs left. Louisville had a two point lead, but Morehead St. had the ball. Of course, I assumed that Louisville was going to hold the 13 Seed and move on to the next round. The announcer spoke exactly what he saw as every listener, including myself, was on the edge of their seat. The other announcer was saying,"I dont like this. I dont like this!" as he stated his thoughts about the Morehead St. offense as they were setting up a play with the clock ticking. The main announcer continued on his dictation of the action as the clock ticked to 5 secs. Quickly, the shooter faked the drive inward, and faded back for the 3-point shot and the win. The announcer said,"He drives, steps back, throws up the three..." The words that proceeded are what every fan wants to hear, regardless of their bracket."He got it!" Being the intense sports fan that I am, I immediately began to scream and the goose-bumps shortly followed. I honestly dont know what it is about the words "He got it", but I love them. I cannot wait for this tournament to continue and for the fun to keep on going. This is definitely one of my favorite months.

No comments:

Post a Comment