Tuesday, April 12, 2011

UCONN

I really hate to be that guy, honestly, but I have to take advantage of the beautiful opportunity that has shown itself to me. For the NCAA Tournament, the Connecticut Huskies are the 2010-11 champions, who I, Mason Smith, picked to win! Yes, that is correct, I predicted the champion of one of the most unpredictable tournaments in recent memory. To top it off, picking this propelled me to the top of the Mr.Hahn's bracket challenge. Yes, there are some other people who also foresaw this, but none actually picked it as a liable option. They did it more as a "just in case". I, on the other hand, did no such thing. My OFFICIAL ESPN BRACKET consisted Kentucky in the final four (which no one picked) and the Huskies winning it all, putting me in the top 99.7 percentile of the 6 million people on ESPN. Yes, as you can tell, I am very proud of this.

For some, this would just be a fun bragging right. Something to remind your friends at every opportunity. I, on the other hand, see this as a victory of being a sports fan, and all the other things. Of all the people on Hahn's Bracket Challenge, I was the ONLY person to not pick a number 1 seed, which is ridiculously lame. But, this blunder committed by all the others did secure my victory, so I am grateful that they did this.

To just say this all again, I am extremely happy and proud of UCONN. The fact that they were not seen to go to the championship is thrilling. I, as a sports fan, will never forget this and I will make sure that none of my friends forget it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment